Friday, April 16, 2010

Good Scents

As I walked by our neighborhood grocery store on Balboa Island the other day with my little girls, these pretty cobalt blue candles caught my eye. I used to be heavily into scented candles in my twenties and thirties....I was loyal to Diptyque in particular.....although the thick, dark green Rigaud's also brought back rich, happy memories of childhood holidays. That was all well and good until my first pregnancy when the smell of a scented candle within a ten mile radius sent me into a morning sickness aversion frenzy...Ughh!...Since then I am partial to more subtle - tolerable scents...and this one definitely falls into that category..Simple, pretty, slightly citrusy... with a soft beachy look and feel....This line strikes a nice balance between girly sparkle and sophisticated cool. They are reasonably priced at $22.00. You can find them on line at Primal Elements / Icon Candles..or if you are up for a drive...head my way to the beach and find them at Hershey's General Store on Marine Avenue on Balboa Island ...and treat yourself to a Balboa Bar while you're here!...The younger girls might also like their line of sweeter candles with jeweled Cherry Pie, Blueberry Muffin and Lollipop embellishments set in a creamy milk glass ($24.00)...cute!...See you on the boardwalk...Happy Spring...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment