Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nailed It..



Now that the holidays are over, I have time to blog about things I loved DURING the holidays..I know, not the best timing on my part..but I think this entry applies to any season. Over the last few months I discovered Deborah Lippmann's line of Nail Lacquers. Many of you may already know who she is..And yes, I am late to the party, as usual..But I love them! They are so unique and glamorous. I like her story too. She was an aspiring singer who paid the bills by "doing nails" during the day so she could sing at night. Not surprisingly, you will notice that many of her colors have "song title" names. Her reputation as a manicurist extraordinaire soon spread all over New York City making her the "go to girl" for celebrities and ladies all over NYC! Over the holiday I wore Ruby Red Slippers..Inspired of course, by "Dorothy's" famous shoes...For those of you who know me, you know those shoes hold a special place in my heart! The polish is a deep red with subtle yet, undeniable sparkles infused within. The polish will decorate your feet or hands or both! Who needs an expensive cocktail ring when your nails are doing all the necessary "glamming" work all by themselves. Not to get too existential or "deep" about manicures, but sometimes, when I'm feeling scattered or when remind myself I am out of shape..."OR" if I am just overwhelmed in general, the occasional manicure with a great shade of polish can lift my spirits and make me feel a little more "in control" and pulled together. Just glancing at my fingers on the keyboard as I type this, my nails seem to say.."Hi, We are happy down here!!..You should be too!!!!" At $16 a bottle I think it's a relatively guiltless indulgence. "Slippers" was out of stock when I first visited her site..But I found it on Beauty.com. Now that it's the new year..I am liking her "Diamonds and Pearls." It's a clean, fresh color for a clean, fresh start. You can also find this well respected nail guru's line at Neimans and Nordstrom.

2 comments: