Monday, July 13, 2009

The Nose Knows


I am sure I am not alone when I say I am often ruled by my olfactory...Scents are very important to me. They can transport me immediately to certain times in my life. Whether it was the comforting smell of my Grandma Snuggy's popovers popping in the oven at her Palm Springs home (..Yes, We called her Snuggy..), or the hormone jolting scent of my baby's head and neck shortly after she was born, or the warm, fresh smell of that great "Dreams" perfume oil my friends and I used to love and purchase from the now, sadly, defunct "temple of scents," Homebody on Melrose in Los Angeles - all these scents evoke memories of almost everything that was going on at the time I smelled them...These days I am partial to Vanilla. That is why I was so happy to have found...Well actually my husband found...a really wonderful and delightfully inexpensive Vanilla Body Wash that I use religiously. The Swiss Vanilla Body Wash by St. Ives is like a spa in a bottle. A little goes a long way too...and at $2.49 for an 18 oz. bottle (at Target), it qualifies as the "cross country road trip" of Body Washes. It is light and leaves no filmy residue on your skin like some can. If you really want to go crazy use it after you have "scrubbed" down with the ever popular St. Ives Scrub (usually under $4.00) which has always been a staple in my "home spa" routine. It's just good, clean and "affordable" fun.

1 comment: