Thursday, May 20, 2010

C'est Si Bon




"There once was a little bakery by the sea..."....If I could write cute little stories about my travels..that is how this one would begin....However, this one is right in my own backyard...C'est Si Bon Bakery has been a Newport Beach staple for years...a small bakery that serves the best bageuettes this side of "FRANCE"...no joke...made fresh every day..throughout the day....they make croissants, muffins and the unparalleled baguettes I mentioned....and use them in their amazing sandwiches ...turkey, ham.. and my favorite...chicken curry salad..(to name just a few)...If you are lucky, the bread may still be hot out of the oven..Like Proust's "Madeleine" it sparks the involuntary memory of strolling down a Paris street nibbling on the warm baguette tucked in my messenger bag...AAhhh!....(Well, if that had happened it would....) They have a Barista working furiously, as well...Dark and white chocolate iced cookies, chocolate mousse cakes and cheese cakes...all fresh, fresh, fresh and made daily! (Oh, I think I already said that) I take my daughters there after ballet class to pick out their cookies or grab a "pain au chocolat"...(bread and chocolate..what an inspired combination!!!) They have a busy, friendly and conspicuously "good looking" staff who are always happy to see the locals and out of town visitors. If you are out this way you must not miss this place because you won't find better or fresher baked goods or bread ANYWHERE this side of Paris...Oh, I said that already too!...but because it's so true it requires re-reiterating!...They DO NOT have a website...the buzz on this bakery is all word of mouth ..So visit them at 149 Riverside Avenue, Newport Beach, Ca...92663..(949)645-0447....C'est Si "TRES" Bon..!!

2 comments: